Following the government announcement of 23 December 2020, Huntingdonshire is in Tier 4 effective from 26 December 2020.
This means that hospitality, including pubs, restaurants, cafes and non-essential shops must now close.
What has changed for business in the hospitality sector
In line with the Prime Minister’s address on 22 September, the government announced further national measures in relation to certain businesses to address rising cases of coronavirus in England.
The measures cover the following areas:
- restrictions on opening hours of businesses and services.
- restrictions on service of food and drink for consumption on the premises
The government has issued the following guidance which can be found on their website.
You can also read the legislation in full
- Guidance for Food Businesses on Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Advice to Food Businesses Awaiting Inspection [PDF, 0.2MB]
- COVID-19 Advice for Food Businesses Offering Takeaway Services [PDF, 0.2MB]
- Food Safety for Food Delivery
- Working Safely During Coronavirus
- Guidance for food businesses undertaking a rapid shut-down in response to coronavirus
- Here to Help Food Businesses
What does the food team do?
Our officers carry out routine visits to food businesses to check whether they are complying with food hygiene requirements. We also respond to:
complaints about standards of hygiene at food businesses
complaints about contaminated, unsound or unsafe food [PDF]and
allegations of food poisoning.
We provide several other services and functions as part of our overall aim to monitor the safety of food which is produced and sold in the district. These include:
promoting good food hygiene practice and providing training courses
offering free advice about food safety matters
closing down unhygienic premises which are a risk to health
taking formal enforcement action where needed
carrying out microbiological and chemical sampling of food and water.
We maintain a register of all registered food premises (approximately 1,600) in the district. A copy of the register can be viewed at Pathfinder House in Huntingdon.