skip to main content

17 October 2018 Universal Credit

Universal Credit is now live in Huntingdonshire. This means you can only apply for Housing Benefit for help towards your rent, if you:

  1. Are of pensionable age (if you are a couple, both of you must be of pensionable age)
  2. Live in exempt or certain specified accommodation
  3. Have been placed in temporary housing by the council.

If you don’t fall into one of these groups you will need to make a claim for Universal Credit for help towards your housing costs (rent payments).

If you want help to claim Council Tax Support for help towards your Council Tax bill you will need to make a claim to the council for this. Go to the Council Tax Support page for more details

We deal with Housing Benefit and Council Tax support. All other benefit enquiries are dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).