skip to main content
Council & Democracy

We are committed to handling your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and are registered as Data Controller under the Act.

Why do we collect information?

Information may be collected by us:

  • to fulfil your request for information or services

  • to provide and improve our services

  • as part of the process of consultation

  • to prevent and detect fraud.

Please view our Privacy Notice for more information.

What information do you hold about me?

Under the DPA you can request information that we may hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR).

How can I get a copy of the information you hold about me?

You can make a request by emailing us at or writing to us. You can also make a request by phoning our call centre on 01480 388388 (during working hours).

How long will it take?

Any disclosure of information will be made within 30 days of the original SAR.

How much does it cost?

There is no fee for a SAR.

Next steps

We will take a copy of your form and check your proof of identity. The request will be passed to the Data Protection Officer, who will acknowledge your request and send you a copy of the information we hold about you within 30 days.

Why has some information been blocked out?

When you receive your information some of the text may be blocked out. There are several reasons why information may be blocked out (also known as redacted):

  • it may refer to somebody other than yourself, so this will not form part of your personal information. If you have written permission from any other person (that you think may be mentioned in your files) for their information to be given to you, please give us a copy when you send us your request form.

  • the information does not belong to the council, for example a medical record.

If you have concerns about the processing of your personal data by Huntingdonshire District Council, you should email the council’s data protection officer at or the Office of the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.