Whistleblowing is a procedure that enables council employees and its suppliers to report any concerns they have about suspected illegal or irregular practices involving the council. These concerns may be in any of the following areas:
- fraud and corruption
- any customers that we deal with, particularly children, being mistreated or abused
- an unlawful act
- the health and safety of any individual has been, or is likely to be endangered
- damage to the environment
- discrimination of any kind or the
- deliberate concealment or suppression of any information that falls into any of the areas above.
If you are a member of the public please don’t contact us via whistleblowing as your concern will not be investigated but referred to the relevant service.
If you do have a complaint about a service we provide, please contact the relevant service and they will try to resolve any issues for you.Contact a Service or Give Feedback Online
If you are not satisfied with the response that has been provided and wish to make a formal complaint you can do so via the council’s complaint process.
How do I make a report?Online via the Whistleblowing Form
You can also:
call the 24-hour whistleblowing hotline: 01480 387080
write to 'Confidential Whistleblowing' at Pathfinder House.
All reports are confidential and will be treated sensitively.
If you have a complaint about a service we provide, we suggest you first contact the relevant service and they will try to resolve any issues for you.