We encourage feedback to help us improve our services and the information we provide.

How do I make a complaint?

We suggest that you initially contact the relevant service and they will try to resolve any issues for you.

Council Tax and Business Rates

If you don’t agree with a decision regarding a discount, exemption or relief, you should contact council.tax@huntingdonshire.gov.uk or business.rates@huntingdonshire.gov.uk. If you still do not agree with their decision, you should contact the Valuation Tribunal rather than using the council’s complaints procedure.

Contact a service or give feedback online

Useful links:

If you have already contacted the relevant service and are unhappy with the response, then you can register a formal complaint in one of the following ways:

Make a Formal Complaint Online

• By phone: 01480 388388
• By letter to:

Pathfinder House
St Mary’s Street, Huntingdon
PE29 3TN

• In person at one of our customer service centres.

Give us as much information as possible, as this will enable us to investigate your complaint quicker.

What will happen to my complaint?

You will receive an acknowledgement for your complaint, within five working days of us receiving it.

We aim to respond to all complaints within 20 working days of receiving them. If we cannot do so for a particular reason, we will let you know and explain why.

Complaints may need to be dealt with under procedures such as:

What do I do if I feel my complaint hasn’t been dealt with properly?

If you have already made a complaint and are unhappy with the response, then you can make a complaint about it to the Local Government Ombudsman. You can do this online or by telephone on 0300 0610 614.