Household recycling centres
There are three tips, also known as household recycling centres (HRC) in Huntingdonshire. They are run by Amey for Cambridgeshire County Council (CCC).
All sites are open every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. They are free of charge to use, but do not accept waste from businesses. If you are using a commercial vehicle or hiring a van to get rid of household waste, please contact your local tip with the vehicle’s registration number so they know it's not business waste.
We work with ASTCO to provide textile recycling banks in Huntingdonshire. All materials collected from the clothing banks are re-used, with textiles providing reusable clothing for the UK and third world countries by doing so also helping reduce waste from going into landfill. To report a full or damaged bank, please call ASTCO on 01507 466159. The recycling banks can accept clothing and textiles such as sheets, pillowcases and blankets.
The recycling banks can be found at the following locations:
- Bluntisham Village Hall, Mill Lane
- Brampton Memorial Field, Thrapston Road
- Brington, opposite school
- Bury Village Hall, Brookfield Way
- Catworth Village Hall, Church Street
- Fenstanton, Church Street car park
- Godmanchester, Bridge Place car park
- Great Stukeley, Three Horseshoes Pub, Ermine Street
- Hartford, Sapley Playing Fields car park
- Huntingdon, Latham Road
- Huntingdon, Medway Centre
- Huntingdon, One Leisure, St Peters Road
- Huntingdon, Riverside Park, near Primrose Lane
- Huntingdon, St Germain Street car park
- Needingworth Village Hall, Overcote Lane
- Old Weston Village Hall car park, Main Street
- Ramsey, Mews Close car park
- Somersham, Church Street car park
- St Ives, Cattle Market car park, Station Road
- St Ives, Globe Place car park
- St Neots, Priory Centre car park
- St Neots, Riverside Park car park
- St Neots, Tebbutts Road car park
- Wansford, The Christie Hall, Elton Road
- Warboys Village Hall, High Street
- Wistow, Oaklands Avenue
Recycling at home
You can also recycle at home - see what you can put in your recycling wheeled bin.
Here's a list of Zero Waste Initiatives, alternatives to generating waste.