The household recycling centres reopened on Monday 11 May. For information about opening times and restrictions please visit Cambridgeshire County Council's website and email any enquiries to email@example.com.
A temporary advance booking scheme has been introduced for all visitors to Alconbury, Bluntisham and St Neots household recycling centres. You can find further information and make a booking on the County Council's website.
This measure is being introduced to reduce traffic congestion, speed up entry times and reduce the risk of collisions around the sites. Residents should only make essential visits to household recycling centres if it is not possible to store waste safely at home or dispose of it through kerbside or bulky waste collections. Sites are provided for the use of Cambridgeshire residents only, and all users should be prepared to show proof of address on arrival.
Household recycling centres
There are three tips, also known as household recycling centres (HRC) in Huntingdonshire. They are run by Amey for Cambridgeshire County Council (CCC).
All sites are open every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. They are free of charge to use, but do not accept waste from businesses.
You will need an e-permit to dispose of household waste at the HRCs using a commercial-type vehicle or any trailer in excess of 1.5m length (excluding the towing mechanism) or 570 litre capacity.
You can find further information about the scheme and details of how to apply on Cambridgeshire County Council's website.
If you have any queries about the e-permit scheme please email the Waste Management Team.
We work with ASTCO to provide textile recycling banks in Huntingdonshire. All materials collected from the clothing banks are re-used, with textiles providing reusable clothing for the UK and third world countries by doing so also helping reduce waste from going into landfill. To report a full or damaged bank, please call ASTCO on 01507 466159. The recycling banks can accept clothing and textiles such as sheets, pillowcases and blankets.
The recycling banks can be found at the following locations:
- Bluntisham Village Hall, Mill Lane
- Brampton Memorial Field, Thrapston Road
- Brington, opposite school
- Bury Village Hall, Brookfield Way
- Catworth Village Hall, Church Street
- Fenstanton, Church Street car park
- Godmanchester, Bridge Place car park
- Great Stukeley, Three Horseshoes Pub, Ermine Street
- Hartford, Sapley Playing Fields car park
- Huntingdon, Latham Road
- Huntingdon, Medway Centre
- Huntingdon, One Leisure, St Peters Road
- Huntingdon, Riverside Park, near Primrose Lane
- Huntingdon, St Germain Street car park
- Needingworth Village Hall, Overcote Lane
- Old Weston Village Hall car park, Main Street
- Ramsey, Mews Close car park
- Somersham, Church Street car park
- St Ives, Cattle Market car park, Station Road
- St Ives, Globe Place car park
- St Neots, Priory Centre car park
- St Neots, Riverside Park car park
- St Neots, Tebbutts Road car park
- Wansford, The Christie Hall, Elton Road
- Warboys Village Hall, High Street
- Wistow, Oaklands Avenue
Recycling at home
You can also recycle at home - see what you can put in your recycling wheeled bin.
Here's a page of Zero Waste Initiatives, alternatives to generating waste.