Public Space Protection Order - St Ives
Public Space Protection Order [PDF, 0.6MB] under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 covering The Quay to the Bus Station and Warner’s Park, St Ives
Following numerous complaints of alcohol-related anti-social behaviour and inconsiderate vehicle use in and around the town of St Ives; Huntingdonshire District Council Licensing and Protection Committee has approved a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) to cover identified areas of St Ives. The Order commences on 18 February 2020 for a period of 3 years and the following prohibitions will apply:
1. At all times, persons will not act in a manner that is causing or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress in the designated area.
2. Persons must immediately leave the designated area marked in red for a period of 24 hrs if ordered to do so by a designated officer. Should the individual live or work within the designated area their right to access these will not be affected
3. Alcohol must be disposed of or surrendered if requested by a designated officer;
4. Persons not to use a vehicle in a manner likely to cause alarm, harassment or distress;
5. Persons not to gather in their vehicles or park their vehicles in groups of two or more for the purposes of congregating and may result in causing alarms, harassment or distress;
6. No person shall use their vehicle to cause unreasonable levels of noise including the noise from engines and exhausts and the playing of music from car stereos; and
7. Persons not to drive their vehicles in an anti-social manner.