Get your employees more active!
The workplace is an important setting to encourage employees to increase their levels of activity to benefit their health and protect against the most common health problems. Physical activity is essential for good health and contributes to positive well being. Let's Get Moving has been funded and supported by Cambridgeshire County Council Health Committee and aims to improve the health of the Cambridgeshire population, specifically by increasing level of physical activity
Benefits of a physically active workforce
Promoting physical activity in the workplace provides the following benefits to employees:
- better fitness and health
- enhanced productivity and morale
- improved team spirit and job satisfaction
- lower stress
- improved communication and inter-personal relationship among employees and
- improved concentration and mental sharpness.
Benefits of a physically fit workforce for employers
Instituting a health and wellness program in the workplace also benefits the employer. The benefits of a healthy and fit workforce for employers include:
- reduced absenteeism and employee turnover
- lower stress among staff
- enhanced productivity and efficiency in the company as a whole
- an improved corporate image
- better relations between management and staff.
If you’d like help getting your company active please complete this survey. For more information please email Hannah Postlethwaite at email@example.com or visit Let's Get Moving.