Public Space Protection Order – St Ives Town and Park and Ride Consultation
Consultation Starts: 25-Sep-2019
Consultation Ends: 31-Oct-2019
Consultation for a proposed 'Public Space Protection Order' under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 covering The Quay to the Bus Station and Warner’s Park, St Ives.
Proposed PSPO Zones - Left: PSPO area for The Quay and Bus Station, Right: PSPO area for Warner's Park.
Following numerous complaints of alcohol related anti-social behaviour and inconsiderate vehicle use in and around the town of St Ives; Huntingdonshire District Council has received a request from Cambridgeshire Constabulary to consider applying a 'Public Space Protection Order' to two areas of the town. The request is in accordance with Chapter 2, Section 59 of the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
It is proposed that the following prohibitions are implemented in the area covered by the PSPO:
- At all times, persons will not act in a manner that is causing or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress in the designated area.
- Persons must immediately leave the designated area marked in red for a period of 24 hrs if ordered to do so by a designated officer;
- Alcohol must be disposed of or surrendered if requested by a designated officer;
Vehicle related nuisance
- Persons not to use a vehicle in a manner likely to cause alarm, harassment or distress;
- Persons not to gather in their vehicles or park their vehicles in groups of two or more for the purposes of congregating and may result in causing alarm, harassment or distress;
- No person shall use their vehicle to cause unreasonable levels of noise including the noise from engines and exhausts and the playing of music from car stereos; and
- Persons not to drive their vehicles in an anti-social manner.
Huntingdonshire Community Safety Partnership has supported the proposal for a consultation for a PSPO following a review of the evidence.
If you have queries or feedback please email crm_CPE@huntingdonshire.gov.uk