Huntingdonshire District Council


Building Control Forms


How to Apply

All applications can be submitted by email over the phone or by post. Payments need to be made before applications can proceed.  If you want to make your application or payment by phone call 01480 388455 or 01480388494.

All of the building control forms are available to download from the linked documents section on this page. It may be necessary to request hard copies of some documents/drawings for consultations purposes or for site visits. Payments can accompany the application by cheque or card payments can be made over the phone. Telephone 01480388455 or 01480388494 to make card payments.

Making an Application

If you need Building regulations approval then there are basically three types of application, the Full Plans Application, Building Notice applications and Regularisation applications.

Full Plans Applications

With this type of application you submit the appropriate application form together with the required fee and two copies of the plans and specification showing exactly how your proposal will be constructed. The plans are then checked against the standards required by the Building Regulations and any amendments are requested at an early stage.

The fee for the application is paid in two instalments. You will need to pay an initial fee when the application is submitted and the remainder will be invoiced to you when the work starts.

Building Notice Applications

With this type of application you are only required to submit an application form, a block plan and the appropriate fee. The services of a designer are not essential, although we may well request further details of your proposal. The building control fees for a Building Notice are generally more expensive than Full Plans applications because there may not be plans with the application. Building Control Officers will generally need to spend more time on site. The total fee for the work has to be paid when the application is submitted.

There is an on line form available for submission of building notice applications. Access this by using the link in the related information section on this page or the top service button on the building regulation page.

Regularisation Applications

Sometimes work is carried out without the benefit of approval or inspection from the building control team. When this happens you can apply for a regularisation certificate. There is no obligation to apply for this certificate and the authority do not have to accept the application.

Building control will need to make sure the work complies with the relevant regulations before it can issue the regularisation certificate. It may be necessary for some of the work to be exposed for inspection. Where structural work has been undertaken you may need to provide calculations from a structural engineer. A site visit can be arranged with the office to determine what will be required before the certificate can be issued.

missed bin collection


  • DirectGov
  • Get Safe Online
  • Better Connected 2011