Huntingdonshire District Council


House to House Collections


Important Notice

We are fully booked for House to House collections for 2015 and therefore  will not be accepting any further applications forms.


To carry out house-to-house collections for charitable purposes in Huntingdonshire you need to apply for a House to House Collection Permit from the Council.

Eligibility criteria

Applications must be in the form prescribed by the local authority and received at least 28 days prior to the required date.You must be a fit and proper person. Applicants are required to contact the Licensing Team to establish that the preferred collection area and date is available and, if available, they will be able to make a provisional booking. It is the Council’s policy to allow only one collection in a location at any one time.

Regulation summary

For a summary of the regulation relating to this licence please use the link under external links on the right of this page.

Is your organisation an exempt charity?

If your organisation is 'exempt' from obtaining a permit, it will be on the list that is available from the Home Office. The current exemption list is accessible by clicking on the Cabinet Office website link under external links on the right of this page. Exempt organisations should still notify the Council of when and where they are collecting to avoid double booking an area. They do not require a House to House permit as they can collect at any time throughout the year by virtue of their 'exempt' status. 

How will my application be evaluated?

A permit is issued if your application is approved. With your permit you will also receive a Certificate for the HM Stationery Office. This enables you to apply to The Stationery Office Publications Centre in Norwich for the official badges and certificates that you will need for your collection/collectors. 

It is an offence for any collector to collect without having in his/her possession the required signed authority and badge. The address of H M Stationery Office is St Clements House, 2 - 16 Colgate, Norwich, NR3 1BQ telephone number (0870) 600 5522 

How to apply

You can download a form to run a charitable collection by accessing the ‘Linked Documents' on the right of this page.

After the collection

Within one month of the date of the collection you will need to supply a returns Form of Statement, a copy of which can be downloaded via the relevant linked document on the right of this page. Failure to submit a Form of Statement will result in future applications being refused.


 The District Council does not charge for this service.

Contact the Licensing Team

Huntingdonshire District Council
Pathfinder House
St Mary’s Street
PE29 3TN
Telephone (01480) 387075
Fax (01480) 388061
Email - use the link to the right of this page under Related Information

missed bin collection


  • DirectGov
  • Get Safe Online
  • Better Connected 2011